Today is the day! For the next month, we will be working towards the goal of virtually walking the distance from Australia to Cambodia, whilst also raising funds for education programs in Cambodia.
To make sure you get off on the right foot (like that pun?), here are some ideas on how to get your step count up:
- Take the stairs instead of the lift at work
- Park as far away as possible from the supermarket
- Have walking meetings instead of sitting at a desk
- Walk around the house during commercial breaks
- Take a post-meal walk, which will also help you digest your food quicker!
- Play ‘catch’ with the kids (or adults) in your life
We encourage participants to share your fundraising page and step progress on your social media profiles using the hashtags #WalkToCambodia and #HealthyApril. We will even be giving a prize to the participant with the best social media post, and it’s a prize we are sure you will think is pretty special!
Remember, for every $120 raised, we will be able to provide quality education for a full year to a child living in poverty. That’s amazing, huh?
Make sure to log your steps each day by logging into our online portal so we can have up-to-date figures on our walking progress.
Go team, go!